Monday, September 19, 2011

No-Bake Cookies


I LOVE no-bake cookies. Peanut butter, chocolate, crunch and deliciousness. I'm sold. Also, they're so easy I could have them on hand at all times if I wanted to (although, let's be honest, my pants wouldn't fit for long if I did that).

No-bake cookies from One Lovely Life
Ingredients:
2T butter
1/2c milk
2c sugar
2T cocoa
3/4c crunchy peanut butter
2c old-fashioned oatmeal
1/2t salt
1t vanilla
1/2c coconut (optional)

Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Stir in cocoa, milk & sugar. Stir to melt ingredients together. Bring to a boil that extends over the whole surface of the mixture and remove from heat as soon as the boil gets there (otherwise the mixture will dry out).

Stir in vanilla, salt, peanut butter, coconut (if using) and oatmeal until well mixed. Stir until mixture has thickened then drop spoonfuls onto wax paper and wait until they cool (or, if you can't wait, dig in when they're cool enough to touch).

Makes about 2 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment